The Sturgis Library has meeting space available for use by the public for the purpose of fulfilling the library’s mission to “promote the free exchange of ideas and serve as a community meeting place.”
Meeting space is available for use by area nonprofit and civic organizations, and other groups. We prioritize meeting space use in the following way:
- Library-sponsored programs and events
- Nonprofit and civic organizations in Barnstable Village and Cummaquid
- Nonprofit and civic organizations in other villages in the town of Barnstable
- Nonprofit and civic organizations outside the town of Barnstable
- For-profit organizations
One-time events are preferred over recurring events.
We regret that due to lack of space we do not offer quiet/private meeting space for tutors, educators, one-one-one meetings, or groups of less than 10 people.
Meeting Room Details:
- Seats up to 50 people
- Wireless internet access is available throughout the building
- The library provides the following equipment as needed: tables, chairs, podium, microphone, multimedia projector, screen, laptop computer.
- The organization conducting the meeting/event is responsible for setting up the room and for putting it back in order at the close of the meeting/event. The organization is financially responsible for any damage to the contents of the room or equipment.
Meetings Room Rules:
- Meetings and events must be held during regular library hours. Library hours are Monday & Wednesday 10 am to 6 pm; Tuesday 1 pm to 8 pm; Thursday & Friday 10 am to 5 pm; and Saturday 10 am to 4 pm.
- Use of the meeting room is limited to a maximum of four (4) hours.
- Meetings and events are limited to a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 50 people.
- Groups and organizations may not charge a fee or admission for any function held in the library.
- Groups and organizations may not hold fundraising events for their organization at the library.
- Sale or promotion of products or services is prohibited.
- Names of participants cannot be collected by program presenters for later financial gain or business use.
- Partisan political activities, except for events such as candidate’s nights where several candidates are present, or “Meet Your Representative” events, are prohibited.
- Meetings and events may not disturb the use of the library by other patrons.
- Library staff may need access to the room during meetings so that they can retrieve library materials.
- The library staff is not responsible for the supervision of children while adults attend meetings or events.
- The Sturgis Library reserves the right to deny access to its meeting room at any time.
Meeting room fees:
- $25 per use for nonprofit and civic organizations
- $100 per use for for-profit organizations
How to Reserve the Meeting Room:
- Nonprofit organizations must supply proof of their nonprofit and/or 501c3 status
- All organizations must fill out a meeting room reservation form which should include a description of the nature of the program or event. The form should then be submitted for consideration and to check on room availability. You can either print out the form and bring it in or mail it to the library or you can complete our online meeting room form.
- Please provide a copy of any publicity that is being distributed about the event.
- Payment for the meeting room is requested on the day of the event. Cash, checks, and credit cards are accepted. Checks should be made payable to Sturgis Library.
Meeting Room Request Form
Please complete the form below and a staff member will get in touch with you within 3 days regarding acceptance and availability. If you need to speak to someone immediately, please call us at 508-362-6636.