Sturgis Library offers local authors an opportunity to connect with their readers, and sign and sell copies of their books.
- April 22, Mary Petiet, author of Minerva’s Owls
- May 13, M.L. Shafer, author of The House on Crooked Pond: A Cape Cod Family Saga
Authors, reserve a spot in our book shop on Saturdays.
To schedule a 1 1/2 hour signing, please print out an application and return it to Adult Services Librarian Marcella Curry at email@example.com or via mail at Marcella Curry, Sturgis Library, PO Box 606, Barnstable, MA 02630.
- Library staff will contact you and let you know if we’re able to schedule you for a signing in our book shop.
- Signings take place on scheduled Saturdays, 10:30 am to noon or 1:30 to 3pm.
- We will publicize book signings on our online calendar, with posters, handouts, an article in our enewsletter, and postings on facebook.
- Authors may choose to publicize the event among their followers or send out a press release if they like.
- Our staffing on Saturdays is limited; staff will be busy with handling normal library operations and will not be available to assist you. You will be expected to set-up, interact with attendees, and you should be prepared to handle all aspects of sales. Please plan to bring someone with you if you think you need assistance.
- We look forward to working with you!