Sturgis Library is partnering with the Cape Cod Food Hub to become one of Cape Cod’s first Seed Lending Libraries.
The Seed Lending Library opened March 8th, 2014, and local gardeners can now come and borrow seeds from the Seed Catalog. Seeds are rated by ease of growth and by how easy it is to save seeds at the end of the growing season.
Here’s how to get started:
- Stop by and browse through our collection of seeds.
- Fill out a borrower’s form and file it in the Borrower’s Binder.
- Check out a book on seed saving or heirloom gardening.
- Take seeds home to try in your garden.
- In the fall, save some seeds from your heartiest plants and bring some back to the Sturgis Library to share with others.
The Seed Saving Library is open during regular library hours.
For a list of other Seed Saving Libraries across the country, CLICK HERE.
Read an article from the Cape Cod Times on our seed library: Seed of an Idea Takes Root in Barnstable by Patrick Cassidy.