Sturgis Library is a private, independent public library, one of seven village libraries in the town of Barnstable, Massachusetts. We receive only 46% of our funding through the Town; we must raise the rest of our funds through private donations, grants, bequests, and other gifts.
The library accepts donations of cash, securities, and property.
By clicking on the DONATE NOW button, you can make a one-time or recurring donation to our Annual Fund. The Annual Fund supports operations — including purchases of library materials, funding for programs and events, building maintenance, salaries, supplies, utilities, and more. You may also donate by writing a check, payable to the Sturgis Library, and sending it to: Sturgis Library, Attention Lucy Loomis, Library Director, PO Box 606, Barnstable, MA 02630.
Memorial and honorary donations are special ways to honor loved ones, friends, and important people in your life. Sturgis Library is happy to work with donors to pay tribute to these special people.
Some examples of these types of donations are:
- A gift in honor of a special teacher
- A gift in honor of an important person in your life
- A gift in memory of a departed loved one
- A gift in honor of a group or organization
- A holiday or birthday gift to honor someone who loves books and libraries
Sturgis Library will work with you to acknowledge this gift to those you designate, and will also send you a donation acknowledgement for tax purposes. Sturgis Library is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and your donation may be tax deductible.
Make a Memorial or Honorary Donation
To make a secure, one-time cash donation using your credit card or paypal account, click on the DONATE button below. Fill in the “PURPOSE” field with the name of the person you wish to honor or memorialize.
You may also donate by writing a check, payable to the Sturgis Library, and sending it to: Sturgis Library, Attention Lucy Loomis, Library Director, PO Box 606, Barnstable, MA 02630.For questions about memorial and honorary donations, please contact Lucy Loomis at 508-362-6636 or send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sturgis Library is pleased to offer a different way to support our programs and services — donate your used car, boat, truck, boat, or other vehicle! Proceeds from the sale of the vehicle benefit the Library, and you get a tax deduction. For more information, visit our Vehicle Donation Page or call 508-362-6636 and ask to speak with Lucy. You can also email her at email@example.com.
Corporate Donors are local businesses who have pledged to support the Library for $300 or more for 3 or more years. We feature the framed logos of our Corporate Donors in our lobby, and encourage our patrons and visitors to visit these local businesses and thank them for their support of Sturgis Library. The following businesses are currently supporting the Library.
- $5 Foodie
- Clean Green
- Cooperative Bank of Cape Cod
- Fair Insurance
- Greer Real Estate
- Jenn McNulty Law Offfice
- J Miller Picture Framer
- Kinlin Grover
- Silvia and Silvia
If you are interested in becoming a corporate donor, please contact Lucy Loomis, Library Director, at 508-362-8448 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Talk to your employer about Employer Matching Contributions
- Establish a Charitable Gift Annuity
- Donate to the Library’s Preservation Fund to help preserve our historic building and archival collections
- Give a gift of stocks or bonds
- Leave a bequest to the Sturgis Library in your will
- Give a gift of property
- Donate books and other library materials
- Donate historic materials to our archives and special collections
- Give items or time to our fundraising events
- Become a volunteer
- Leverage our online shopping partnerships to give back to Sturgis when you make online purchases at retailers you already shop with, including Amazon!
For more information on supporting the Sturgis Library, please contact Lucy Loomis, Library Director, at (508) 362-8448 or by email at email@example.com.
Expert advice is critical to a successful giving plan. Please consult with your lawyer or financial advisor before donating.