Sturgis Library, a historic public library in the village of Barnstable, is dedicated to providing services and resources to meet the needs of a contemporary community while preserving and promoting Cape Cod history. The library:
- Supports the lifelong pursuit of personal, vocational, cultural, and intellectual enrichment.
- Fosters literacy, curiosity, and creativity in library users of all ages.
- Promotes the free exchange of ideas and serves as a community meeting place.
- Offers a gateway to emerging technologies and informational databases which enhance traditional resources.
- Serves as a regional archive and research center for the study of Barnstable County, history, genealogy, and maritime culture.
- Lucy Loomis, Library Director
- Gabrielle Faria-Kalkanis, Reference & Adult Services
- Christy Munier, Youth & Adult Services
- Lisa MacDonald, Technical Services
- Lisa Hall Conway, Circulation Services
- Kathy Tolliver, Circulation Services
- Jack Sheedy, Circulation Services and Interlibrary Loan
- Eric Grossman, Development & Administrative Services
- Gordon Starr, Maintenance Services
Board of Trustees FY2022 (July 2021 through June 2022)
- John Littlefield, President
- Marcia Lay, Vice President/Secretary
- Phil Nelson, Treasurer
- Frank Anigbo
- Michelle Black
- Lindy Coggeshall
- Martha Guzikowski
- Susan Guill
- Steve Klug
- Alice Lucey
- Andrew Maker
- Dan Philos-Jensen
- John Temple
- Edie Vonnegut
- Steve Whitmore
- Ellie Claus
- Joanne Lyman