At the Sturgis Library Book Shop, we carry a large selection of gently used book for adults, young adults, and children, along with movies, music, antiquarian books and pamphlets, and specialty items.
Most items in the shop are donated by library users, and we welcome your donations of books and other items — music CDs, movies on DVD, puzzles, games, antiquarian books and pamphlets, and more. Please feel free to bring donated items by anytime during regular library hours. We can help you by providing a cart. We can also provide you with a donation card that you can use to report a charitable deduction on your income tax return.
Please read the following guidelines for donating books and other materials:
All items should be in clean, excellent condition
Here is what we DO accept:
- Fiction & nonfiction books for adults, young adults, and children
- DVD or Blu-Ray movies
- Music and books on CD
- Puzzles and games
Here is what we DO NOT accept:
- Older mass market paperbacks
- Books whose contents are easily out-of-date or out of style
- Travel guides
- Medical and health guides
- Financial guides
- Computer and tech guides
- Older cookbooks, craft books, decorating books, and fashion books
- Multi-volume sets
- Encyclopedia sets
- Books with racist or pornographic content
- Books espousing hatred towards individuals or groups
- Abridged books like Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Advance Reader’s Copies
Please go through your donations carefully and donate only those items that fit into the acceptable category above. This helps to save us time sorting through books donations, and also saves us the effort and expense of having to take unwanted books to the transfer station.
In addition to used books and other items, we also sell specialty books and gift items.
Gift certificates in any amount are available for purchase — they make a great gift for the book and library lover in your life!